Monday, July 19, 2010

All that build up...

Last year when Reagan turned 4 we had a well-child check up at the pediatrician's office. At that time the doctor asked her if she wanted her booster shots then or when she turned 5. What kid is actually going to say, "yes please. I will take my shots now." So she opted to get her booster shots (or kindergarten shots, as she calls them) when she turned 5. Well, she turned 5 on Saturday and we had her 5 year well child check today. For the past year Reagan has been fretting over these shots. "I don't want to go to kindergarten because I have to get shots." "I don't want to get shots." "Why do I have to get shots?" ALL YEAR LONG! She is one who doesn't forget about stuff. She remembers forever! (Why did so and so push me when I was 2 years old?...um really? that was 3 years ago.) So I delicately told her last night that we would be going to the doctor today and she would get weighed and measured and yes she would get her shots. She took the news pretty well and I was quite surprised. So I am expecting this girl to freak out today and guess what she said, "ouch" two times and that was it. No crying, no kicking, no screaming, no running away. Wow. I am pleasantly surprised by this totally out of character, very mature way of acting. Nice! However, now she is all worked up with the peeing in a cup...so I guess we'll talk about that for the next year.

No comments: